Monday, September 15, 2008

FROM LIFENEWS.COM

Sarah Palin Tells Charlie Gibson She is Pro-Life on Abortion, Stem Cell Research
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- During her interview with ABC News anchor Charlie Gibson, vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin reaffirmed her pro-life positions on abortion and stem cell research. She said she supports reversing Roe v. Wade and opposes abortion in the very rare cases of rape or incest. Gibson asked Palin if Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision allowing virtually unlimited abortions throughout pregnancy, "should be reversed." "I think it should and I think that states should be able to decide that issue," the Alaska governor said. "I am pro-life. I do respect other people's opinion on this, also, and I think that a culture of life is best for America." Palin said she wants to work to reduce abortions by providing pregnant women and teenagers with tangible help and support. "What I want to do, when elected vice president, with John McCain, hopefully, is be able to reach out and work with those who are on the other side of this issue, because I know that we can all agree on the need for and the desire for fewer abortions in America and greater support for adoption, for other alternatives that women can and should be empowered to embrace, to allow that culture of life," she explained. Palin confirmed she opposes abortion in the rare instances where a woman is raped, which constitute less than one percent of all abortions nationwide. "My personal opinion is that abortion only be allowed if the life of the mother is endangered," she said. "I do understand others who are very passionate about this issue who have a differing opinion." Full story at LifeNews.com.