Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Please pray that this abortion mill close soon.

At First He Refused to Get Out of His Car

San Diego TV News Questions Abortionist


On September 24, two women who aided former abortion clinic chain owner Bertha Bugarin , who was posing as a doctor to perform abortions , received probation and community service as their punishment. Bertha Bugarin was sentenced to six years, eight months in prison while one of her assistants, 27-year-old Paloma Yonna Solorzano- Rodrigez, received 200 hours of community service and the other assistant, 23-year-old Luz Catalina-Gomez, received 350 hours. 

I found this decision unjust. As a sidewalk counselor for nearly four years at the now-defunct abortion mill where these women worked I experienced first-hand how evil and coercive they were. One time I arrived at the mill early in the morning before it opened. Waiting outside the entrance was a pimply-faced couple. Neither the boy nor the girl were older than 14. They were from Tijuana and spoke Spanish. I explained to the couple that this clinic was notorious for using substandard doctors with a long history of malpractice and that three of the doctors who had worked there had their medical licenses pulled. As I showed them the printouts from the medical board that verified what I was telling them, suddenly Paloma, one of the clinics assistants, ran up shrieking that I was lying. She told the kids that I was a protestor and not to listen to what I had to say. She managed to coerce them in to the mill. There were several incidents of this sort. 

On September 25, the day after the assistants were sentenced, I received a call from a local ABC TV news affiliate reporter named Charisse Yu. She asked me how I felt about the sentencing these women received. I told her that if these women had done what they did in La Jolla or Del Mar instead of a poor Hispanic neighborhood they would have been given jail time. The reporter asked me if she could interview me in the morning. I agreed and said that perhaps we could meet in front of the defunct abortion mill that had been re-opened under a new name (Women's Choice Clinic) by an abortionist who is on probation with the medical board. 

The next morning after Yu interviewed me in front of the clinic she asked me if I had maintained contact with any victims of the old clinic that would be open to an interview. 

I told her that I knew a victim who was 16 when she was molested in the clinic. I had contacted her in 2007 right after the clinic owner was arrested, when some reporters asked me if she would be interviewed. But the victim just wanted to forget the ordeal. Her cousin, though, who had driven her to the clinic, was open to an interview. So I put the reporter in contact with the cousin of the victim and left for work. 

Later that day I received a call from a lady who leads a prayer group that prays regularly in front of the abortion mill. She told me that when she and her group arrived to pray, the TV news reporter was still there, and the abortionist drove into the parking lot. She said the abortionist looked surprised when he saw the TV camera and the reporter. At first he refused to get out of his car. When he finally did, the reporter approached him asking him about the clinic's troubled past and about his medical board probation. The abortionist mumbled and quickly headed for the clinic. (Click on the video link below to watch this) 

Please pray that this abortion mill close soon. 

Luis Mendoza 



For the link to San Diego Channel 10 News Video, click here.


From http://www.calcatholic.com/