Sunday, November 27, 2011

Daily Pro-Life Quotes

Uwotd-newsletter-banner-01

No. 479 / Sunday, November 27, 2011

ADVENT 2011: MORNING OFFERING MIRRORS CHIRST OFFERING AS HE CAME INTO THE WORLD

There is a wonderful tradition in Christendom of beginning each day by offering oneself and one's day to God. It has been called by some 'morning devotions' or more frequently in Catholicism a 'morning offering'. One of the traditional morning offering prayers is that promoted by the Apostleship of Prayer.

 The morning offering is a great way to start each day. I know when I make this offering as I begin my day I am often mindful of the offering Christ made to His Father, from Mary's womb, as He entered the world:

"Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said:
"Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired;
but a body have you prepared for me;
in burnt offerings and sin offerings
you have taken no pleasure.
Then I said, Lo, I have come to do your will, O God."
(Hebrews 10:5-7)

Pope Paul VI called this "...the fundamental offering that the Incarnate Word made to the Father when He entered the world (cf. Heb. 10:5-7)."Marialis Cultus, #20

For Advent 2011 we are featuring our 9 Day Stations of the Incarnation, designed as a rapid reflection and morning offering. Each day focuses on one event in the succession of events from the Annunciation/Incarnation to the Nativity.


Visit the website: Unborn Word Alliance
Visit the blog version of: Unborn Word of the day