Monday, October 27, 2014

Heroic News: “'The passion of pregnancy'” plus 4 more

heroicnews



[Photo from Wikipedia]
"I am a fortunate woman. I have a devoted husband, a faith that comforts me, and a vast network of supportive family members. When I am pregnant, meals show up in my freezer, aunts appear at the door to babysit, and people keep me in their prayers. And still, I detest the experience. I can only imagine what it must be like for a woman who bears an unwanted pregnancy without the support of family or the benefit of faith."
If you’ve read any media reports on the Church in the last few weeks, you might have the impression that there were – or are about to be – some earth-shattering changes in Catholic teaching about marriage, family and homosexuality.
[Photo from Wikipedia]
Here’s a pretty unbelievable story: Laurie Holden is an actress who plays Andrea on “The Walking Dead,” but she isn’t just an actress.
Holden also works as a human rights activist with a group called Operation Underground Railroad.
Sweden’s leading feminist lobby regards surrogate motherhood as a revival of serfdom for women.
2Jenny Purvis calls her daughter "Miracle Mae," and with good reason: In giving her daughter life, the Georgia woman had her own life saved.