Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Heroic News: “A special teacher connects with students through music” plus 7 more

heroicnews




Recently there has been a lot of talk about a 29 year old woman named Brittany Maynard who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She intends on ending her own life by means of assisted suicide on November 1st. Her story breaks my heart and hits so close to home and I hope that the following may shed some perspective to those who regard the “need” for assisted suicide in their hearts.
"The video itself is exploitative. In a video that claims to be about empowering women, these little girls are being used. I can’t help but wonder whether these girls grasp the weight of what they are saying about rape. Did someone explain it to them? How much do they know—and how much should they know? How empowering is it to just be someone else’s mouthpiece?"
A thoughtful look at what the sexual revolution really does to the hearts of people, and how the Bible paints a much more fulfilling picture of sex as a beautiful gift from God.
It's the most painful part of Alzheimer's, when your own parent can't remember your face, let alone your name. But for one daughter of a dementia patient, she got to experience the joy of having her mother recognize her, if only for a moment.
In speaking about my grandma, Grandpa once told my mom, "It hurts me to see her like this. You know, when I got married I thought that everything would be smooth sailing. I never imagined that I would have to help her change her catheter every day. But I do it and I don't mind it--because I love her."

Even though abortion can be controversial and divisive, most Americans from Hillary Clinton to President Obama agree that abortions should be rare. Sadly, Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the world, disagrees.
Facing the prospect of more than $50,000 in daily fines, Ave Maria University and Ave Maria School of Law received reprieves Tuesday in their fight against Obama's government mandates related to contraceptive coverage.