Thursday, April 27, 2017

From CMMB: EMERGENCY - Baby Gedion needs formula





Baby Gedion lost his mother the day he was born because his family couldn't afford healthcare.

Today, I have sad news. Last week, our team in Kenya met baby Gedion. He is a six-week-old infant who lost his mother, Monica, at birth. Like most of the poorest women living in rural Kenya, Monica delivered her first six children at home. Their remote community is more than four hours away from a health facility and they can't afford transportation or healthcare. When Monica went into labor with Gedion, things went terribly wrong. Her husband told us:
The ambulance took hours to get here. I never imagined that Monica could die this way. I have no way to feed Gedion. I have borrowed all I can, and just sold my last goat to pay for infant formula. When that is gone, my baby has nothing. The idea of life without Monica is harsh and unbearable. Her death has caused a wound in my heart. I see darkness. 
Please help us find a way to feed Baby Gedion and others like him.  It’s only with love and support from good people like you, that we can save innocent lives.

Today, all donations to save lives will be DOUBLED. Your gift of $150 is worth $300.

Please open your hearts to baby Gideon and his orphaned siblings and make a gift to keep mothers and babies alive. With your help, we can bring the light of hope to the most desperate families.
DOUBLE MY GIFT NOW
Yours in gratitude,


President and CEO
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide





Copyright © 2017 CMMB, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
CMMB
100 Wall Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10005